Java Developer position
Emerging Markets & Credit Research Technology team and participate in the development of a highly effective calculation engine with J2EE technology for Emerging Market and Credit business. Be a key team member in application design, development and support for all internal/external clients. Apply technical skills in J2EE technology, Object Oriented Programming, Database, and Client/Server infrastructure development. Apply analytical and technical skills in data processes (particularly database SQL and system infrastructure knowledge) to provide daily service and support for business sponsors. Enhance existing calculation engine and enrich its capacity to provide calculations for different types of financial instruments and different analytics and deliver the output with different means. Perform application design, data mining, and system infrastructure upgrades and migration.
The candidate will also participate in project planning sessions with the business sponsors and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations and information/data flow. You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
- Over 3 years of Core Java and J2EE experience in developing and/or supporting 24/7 mission critical applications
- Experience with web application development and technologies
- Spring framework and MVC design/development
- Excellent Sybase/Oracle and Database design, SQL
- Object-oriented design and coding practices / Design Patterns
- BA or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products.