We are seeking an experienced Java Developer with minimum of 8 years of development experience. The right person for this job will excel working in a distributed development model, is a self-starter and motivated to explore ideas to come up with innovative solutions in a fast paced environment and preferably have experience working in financial services;. The role will require tight collaboration with the technology lead and application manager to improve and evolve to meet current & future business needs.
Candidate must have expertise in implementing core Java applications as well as multi-tiered Java applications. Candidate should be fluent in related technologies including messaging, database, web server technologies and associated Java development tools. Knowledge of relational database theory, SQL, stored procedures and other data manipulation technologies is necessary. Experience with Web concepts and technologies are an added advantage, with particular focus on AJAX-based pages, via GWT.
Daily tasks will include designing, developing and supporting scalable and highly parallelized applications and services on a Linux based distributed architecture.
- Expertise in core Java programming (8 years)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in using Spring and Hibernate
- Experience in using web services to integrate applications
- Execute development tasks that follow the development processes and meets requirements
- Strong understanding of RDBMS databases and SQL to interrogate and manipulate data when developing (Oracle preferred)
- Writing robust unit, integration, and acceptance test suites
- Manage multiple priorities effectively
- Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills
- Tibco, JMS or MQ messaging
- Experience in using in-memory caching tools like GIGASPACE will be considered
- Experience in using Google Web Toolkit (GWT) will be highly considered
- Knowledge of working in the Finance domain highly considered
- Experience of agile development methodologies, e.g. Scrum
- University graduate or equivalent, preferably in a quantitative degree: math, sciences, computing or finance-related degree