Application developer role for building out Sales trading execution platform across all fixed income products globally. Participate in building best in class system to cover pre trade analytics, pricing, order management, matching and confirmations. Opportunities to build application that generates trading ideas to monetize opportunities and increase trade conversion and revenue and trade execution both voice and over electronic channels. Build high-performance and scalable Server side components & real time feature rich UI interacting with databases, messaging systems, electronic channels and STP to downstream risk systems.
Candidate will participate in full development of the application. You will need to work with the front office business teams, operations and technology teams globally. (some travel may be needed) while participating in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps. You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications. Additionally, you will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules. You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
• 3+ years of Application Development work experience
• 3+ Years of Server-side Java Flex experience (e.g. J2EE, XML, Struts, JSP, HTML, Spring, etc.)
• 2+ years of real-time UI Development experience. (Flex real-time UI development, HTML5 etc.)
• 3+ years of experience with Servlet/JSP, JDBC (e.g. Tomcat web server)
• 2 years of experience working with Databases (Oracle 11x)
• 2+ years of messaging experience. (MQ, Nirvana messaging)
• Prior experience in OOA/OOD, Design Patters
• Prior experience with team-based development following a structured lifecycle
• Understanding of data structures
• Strong analytical skills/ problem solving skills
• Fixed Income product knowledge