Minimum 5-10 years experience developing flexible, scalable and robust applications preferably supporting the financial services sector.
- Expert knowledge of JAVA.
- Strong software development skills — writes code quickly and accurately, reads code and can understand its structure with little assistance.
- Experience in building scalable, distributed applications capable of supporting straight through processing of a large number of transactions.
- Experience in one of more of the following: SQL, HTML, XML/XSL, Java/J2EE, GWT
- Knowledge of margin is highly desirable
- Knowledge of derivatives products including Equity Swaps, CFDs, futures, options, Interest Rate Swaps, repurchase agreements, stock loan, Credit, Default Swaps and convertible bonds is highly desirable
- The Prime Margin Programmer requires someone with at least 5-10 years experience as a Senior Developer.
- Work closely with risk team to understand needs, define requirements and provide business process automation consulting and solutions.
- Participate in the design, development, release and maintenance of a rules based, state-of-the-art risk based margin system.
- Interface, as necessary, with other IT teams in the delivery of requirements. Proactively manage issues and risks and independently drive projects forward.