Five determining factors that we use to determine the top 100 Java developers.
1. A history of Job Stability: Even as a contractor, it’s important to see a consistent employment history. Mind the gaps!
2. Solid references from past managers. Has anyone gone out of their way to recommend you on Linkedin?
3. Investment banking domain knowledge. Understanding the business purpose behind the application is what separates the elite from the “head down coder”
3. Good Communication skills. We need to know what your saying.
4. Good Reputation: People like to work with you. With Agile methodology creeping its way through each bank, managers need to know that you will get along well in a team environment.
5 A good programmer: Most important we look for a track record of clean code.